Saturday 8 September 2012

Rainy Day Farmers Market

Woke up today, rain, rain, but we have got things to do today, taking a trip to the Big Smoke to visit some family. I was riding solo today @ the farmers market. K was sleeping in, she didn't get home till 6am. She has been taking the night shift @ The Healing-Horse-Centre, taking watch over a sick pony named Ziggy Stardust, Poor little bugger has had a rough go over the last week, but things are looking brighter. You can check out his progress and story @ that link, they are also looking for donations, to help pay for the vet bills and new hay.

The Lindsay Farmers Market was pretty slow not to many people wanting to step out in the rain today, that was fine it was quick and easy not having to dodge people and I was able to get home quick to eat my treats. I picked up some treats from The Sweet Kitchen, and Cabbage rolls and Perogies for breakfast from Taste of Russia. If you live in the area I recommend heading out to the farmers market, show support for local foods, and good treats. If you are not in the area I'm sure there is a farmers market in your area, which has probably got their own delicious treats. List of Ontario Farmers Markets.
My Perogies, and cabbage roll from Taste of Russia

starting top left Blueberry raspberry? crumble, Salted Caramel Brownies, S'More bar
My photos don't do the food justice, but they were yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment