Wednesday 5 September 2012

First try, Pesto!


Got bored on Monday (Labour day). So I tried my hand at making Pesto for the first time. After reading about how to store it, I found that most sites say to just put it in sterilized jars and freeze it. As "canning" water bath or pressure cooker, ruins the fresh taste of it.

After you put the pesto in the sterilized jars put a layer of olive oil on the top to cover pesto completely, make sure its nice and flat before hand makes it a lot easier, and less oil having to be used. Then just put a lid on it and freeze it for up to 6 months. So, I thought I should try it out. We don't eat a whole lot of it, but we had enough basil to make it, so I figured what the hey, I like it. I chose to use almonds instead of pine nuts, and it tastes like pesto still so not that big of a problem.
Loaded everything up in the processor 
just thought I would show you another.
Finished only made two small jars, looks like I will be making more in a months time I guess.
 Peace!
Have a good night

No comments:

Post a Comment